These Hydropresses, are used in smaller vineyards and apple orchards to press small batches of grapes and apples and are manufactured by Speidel, internationally renowned manufacturers of high quality tanks for the wine & beverage industries for over 100 years. This 180 litre model of Speidel Hydropress allows easy discharge of the pressed matter due to the tilting framework, and the wheels allow it to be easily manoeuvred.
Hydropresses give a gentle pressing, similar to that given by larger pneumatic wine presses. They can be used to press a range of fruit and vegetables (including rhubarb, berries and red/white currants) - see Application for list and fruit preparation requirements - and can also be used to press lees.
Hydro presses use mains pressure or pumped water to inflate the rubber bag inside the press. As the bag inflates it presses the fruit pulp against the slotted cylinder. The pressure applied and time pressing can be regulated by opening and closing the water tap.
- 180 litre capacity
- Mounted on a wheeled, tilting framework to allow easy discharge of pressed matter and easy manoeuvring in the winery
- Good juice yields even if partially filled
- Stainless steel press cylinder, slotted (instead of perforated) for better yield
- Enamelled cast aluminium alloy base & lid
- Supplied with press bag & splash guard sack
- Supplied with 1/2" hose connector & 75cm of clear braided hose (13mm / 1/2")