Speidel Tank-und Behälterbau GmbH are globally renowned tank manufacturers. They have been manufacturing high quality beverage tanks for over 100 years. Speidel tanks are used by successful wineries and drink producers around the world and we are proud to be their UK agents.
Here are some of the reasons why we choose Speidel for stainless steel beverage tanks:
Download our Speidel Tank Features Flier here for an overview.
The Stainless Steel
Speidel tanks are manufactured from high specification Outukumpu stainless steel. Outukumpu are global leaders of stainless steel production, were founded in 1910 and acquired ThyssenKrupp in 2012. The steel is manufactured to stringent German standards and is generally thicker than that found on cheaper brands of tank.
Easy Clean Features
Speidel's innovative in-house design and in-house high-tech production methods result in tanks which are incredibly easy to clean:
- Mirror finish (certified grade llld 2R) for chemical free cleaning, reducing labour costs, chemical costs and damage to the environment
- Seamless moulding of panels, door opening and door, reducing welds, minimising dirt traps and tartrate crystal formation, while maintaining great strength
- Continuous, smooth welds, minimising dirt traps and tartrate crystal formation
Watch the Speidel Tank Advantages video here.
Blogs - more info
Read more on our blogs Speidel Customised Tanks(manufactured to order) and Speidel Configuration Tanks(Speidel's most popular tanks), both of which include links to the Speidel catalogues. We keep a range of the smaller scale tanks in stock here at Vigo(stock tanks) and these are available to order online on this website, in amongst the tanks listed in the Tanks category; we also try and keep a limited number of FS-MO fixed capacity tanks in stock, which you will need to call us to enquire about. Please note, the Speidel range is vast and for those new to Speidel tanks, it can be a challenge to determine which tank is suitable for a particular application - if you need advice please do not hesitate to call us on 01404 892 100 - we are more than happy to help you.
Made in Germany
As Speidel state,'for us "Made in Germany" is not just an empty phrase, but a lived principle'. They manufacture their tanks exclusively at their high-tech factory in Ofterdingen, Swabia/Germany and their tanks are designed to last a lifetime when treated correctly. They use certified high specification stainless steel (as above), impeccable production methods (as above) and have a highly trained production crew.
Speidel non-pressure stainless steel tanks up to and including 2000 mm diameter are guaranteed by Speidel for 25 years. NB conditions apply, i.e., one of which is that the tanks must be stored indoors; please contact us for clarification and more information.
The price of Speidel tanks is surprisingly competitive for the level of quality.<
Speidel won the Vinitech Citation Innovation award for the design of their red wine mash plunger system, which ensures gentle processing, high colour and aroma extraction, low sludge content, and enables preset programming of immersion and interval times.
Speidel generate 25% of their energy needs on-site via their photovoltaic system, which enables them to avoid approximately 270 tons of CO₂ annually. The remaining 75% is powered by 100% CO₂-free green electricity. As a result, there are no CO₂ emissions for the production of a Speidel tank.
What we offer...
As Speidel's exclusive UK agents, we have been supplying Speidel tanks since 1996.
- We give you qualified advice based on your specific requirements, helping you to choose the right tank for your application
- We will give you a clear specification with a confirmed price
- We ensure you are supplied with the correct tank fittings/accessories for your application, enabling you to start using your tank without delay
- For bespoke tanks you will be supplied with tank drawings prior to manufacture for your peace of mind
- If you need to kit out a complete cellar with tanks, in conjunction with Speidel we can provide cellar layout diagrams
- If temperature control/chilling of your product is required, we offer and install the Quantor (Kreyer) range of Temperature Control & Chilling equipment, which works in conjunction with Speidel heating/cooling jackets, for accurate control and management of individual tank temperatures
- We control your order from placement to the moment your tanks arrive on your site. so you don’t have to worry about sourcing freight and associated insurance
- We can give advice on unloading your tanks from the lorry and subsequent handling
- We are here for you throughout the lifespan of your tanks should you have any questions or need any advice
The Case Studies below represent a small sample of the Speidel tanks we have supplied over the years:
How can we help you?
If you're looking for beverage tanks, please give us a call on 01404 892 100 and we will be happy to discuss your requirements.