These food-safe fermentation eggs are manufactured by Speidel, who have been producing high quality tanks for the wine & beverage industries for over 100 years. Speidel tanks are used by successful drink producers around the world.
The organic fermentation in the egg-form is based on a perfect ratio without corners and edges. Wine, beer and cider can move fluently during the fermentation and storage. Fermentation or aging in egg shaped vessels is nothing new - in history beer was placed for resting in amphoraes. Recently there were several successful tests for storage of wine in the egg shaped fermentation vessels made of concrete. Shortly afterwards, Speidel developed its own fermentation egg made of food-grade polyethylene.
- For fermentation of wine, beer & cider
- Fans of the Speidel fermentation egg have reported a spontaneous fermentation process which gave their wines and beers more complexity of character
- High permeability of oxygen, for even oxygen influence and ideal conditions for fermentation and maturation
- Very easy to clean due to smooth inner surfaces without corners/edges
- Supplied with lockable lid with seal, and 2 outlet connections - see Specification (NB Ball valves available separately - see below)
- Available in 60, 250* & 600 litre capacities
NB The image shows valves, which are not included, but available separately - see Ball Valves Stainless Steel (part code 77410, etc.)- a Hexagon Nipple BSP Male x Male Polypropylene will also be required (part code 79200, etc.)
(*) A Trolley Base (part code 93615) is available for the 250 litre Speidel Egg
Please see the Tanks category in Catalogue for our full range of fermenters/tanks.