Willmes is highly respected and valued in the global wine industry. They invented the pneumatic grape press, they continue manufacture very high quality ('golden standard' as they call it) equipment with features not found on other presses, and they export to 20 countries.
Here are some of the reasons why we choose Willmes:
- Established in 1918, they have over 100 years' experience of pressing technology
- Their engineers invented the pneumatic grape press (in 1951)
- Their press systems meet the highest requirements of quality and efficiency in grape processing, and produce high quality juice at low pressures
- The Willmes pressing principle, which consists of double membrane technology and vertical juice drains, and when compared with conventional systems, this results in 50% lower pressure pressing, <40 or 70% lower lees (depending on model), 25% or 30% more filling quantity (depending on Willmes model), and yields <90 or 95% at pressures of less than 0.8 bar (depending on model). Read our Willmes Pressing Principle blog for more information on these results.
- Their presses are easy to operate, easy to clean, and very low-maintenance
- Their presses also allow good pressing performance with small amounts of grapes
- All Willmes presses are manufactured in Germany
Read our Willmes Pressing Principle blog.
We supply the renowned Sigma and Merlin Willmes Presses.
There are at least 20 Willmes presses giving good service in UK wineries. Please call us to ask about our recent installations.
What we offer
In partnership with Willmes, we can offer you:
- Advice on the appropriate equipment for you - taking budget, space and desired throughput into consideration
- A comprehensive quotation outlining our recommended solution/s
- Full machine specifications with clear pricing
- Multi-skilled (Vigo) engineers to install and commission your equipment on site and provide training to you and your production operatives
- Comprehensive 12 month warranty, backed up by our team of Vigo engineers
- Maintenance & full technical backup and support from our mobile engineers
How can we help you?
If you're looking for a grape press for your winery, please give us a call on 01404 892 100 and we will be happy to discuss your requirements.
CAREFULLY SELECTED MANUFACTURERS
We have been supplying producers in the drink industry since 1984. We work with renowned manufacturers throughout Europe and in America to bring you robust and efficient production and processing equipment, backed up by our team of Vigo engineers. The manufacturer listed above is just one example. See our Manufacturers page for a list / more information on the manufacturers we are proud to work with.