- Not recommended for products with an ABV higher than 17% (accuracy ±0,1% Vol for products of 0-17% alcohol; lower accuracy for products between 17 and 21%)
- Not suitable for products with a high sugar content, e..g., sweet wines, liquors or products with added syrups - the sugar content will be too high and will taint the readings
NB Before first use the 'readings' disc (supplied) must be calibrated with a product of known ABV. Prior to each use calibration using distilled water (not supplied) is recommended.
- Pour product into the chamber
- Light oil lamp
- When the product has reached boiling point, read the temperature on the thermometer
- On the disc supplied, read the ABV on outer disc which corresponds to the boiling point on the inner disc - this will give you the ABV