This seam cutting kit includes tools useful during manual seam checks for quality control purposes. The kit includes:
Manual seam cutter:
- Removes the end of seamed can by cutting off the upper rim of the double seam
- It cuts only one end plate of the seam leaving the body hook and end hook in tact for wrinkle evaluation
- Light weight
- Stainless steel cutter
- Made in Sweden
- Razor sharp pliers - also called snips or nippers - used to cut open and remove the end hook ring of the seam, in preparation for the end hook measurements to be carried out
- Needle-point head
- Cutting edges angled 21°, without bevel
- Length of cutting edge: 8mm
The Metop® Ultimate Can Guide booklet for Beverage
- 31 page booklet
- Explanation of how the double seam is created with comprehensive diagrams
- Seam evaluation methods, including the industry standard method
- How-to guide including parameters to be measured with diagrams
- 'Defects & causes' section with diagrams
- Different can sizes
NB Specialist tools are required for manual seam checks/testing - we supply micrometers, gauges, and calipers - please see these listed in the Test Equipment category in Catalogue.
If you are interested in the range of Metop® can quality control equipment, including video seam units and semi-auto rotating cutter, please contact us on 01404 892 100 to discuss your requirements.
Please see Canning Lines for our range of canning equipment.