Here are some of the reasons why craft breweries are moving to cans:
- They help protect beer from light and oxygen
- They retain fresh hop flavours
- Modern cans are lined with a polymer lining so that the beer doesn't touch any metal
Cans also have other shared benefits for a wide range of beverages:
- They are highly portable
- They are welcome in places where bottles are not
- They can be crushed down when empty and are easily recyclable
- Compared to bottles, they are space-saving, lighter and they won't smash
- The unit cost of a can is cheaper than that of a bottle, label and cap
The canning process using the LinCan includes:
- Filling head process:
- Oxygen purge
- CO2 micro-burst for reducing dissolved oxygen pickup
- Lid applicator gasses to reduce oxygen pickup
- Secure lid-tamping and seaming process, which includes seamer monitoring (see features)
- Can rinsing and drying
We are the UK agents for ABE Beverage Equipment (formerly American Beer Equipment), one of the market leaders in the US craft brewing equipment markets and manufacturers of beverage equipment.
We choose ABE not only for their reputation in the US market, but also for the following reasons:
- They are in industry leading OEM (original equipment manufacturer) company, with a high reputation in the US craft beer market
- They are equipment innovators - developers of the CraftCan™, LinCan™, and patented Servo-seamer™ with seamer analysis
- ABE brewhouses and canning lines are installed in over 1,000 craft breweries across America
- They have 24 years' manufacturing experience
- They design and manufacture the majority of their equipment in-house
- Their equipment is cross-sector and suitable for many other drink types
- The latest 3D modelling techniques & schematics are used in the design process
- They use stringent quality control measures during manufacture
- Their staff are experienced, hard-working and professional
- They understand what craft brewers want
- They can provide bespoke solutions
- Their values are the same as ours - quality, service & backup
Watch the ABE video here.
We supply the full range of ABE Canning Lines,ABE Brewhouses, ABE Mash Houses (for Distilleries), & Cold Brew Coffee Houses.
What we offer...
We've been supplying and installing ABE canning lines and brewhouses in the UK and Eire for 8 years now. We can offer you:
- Advice on the appropriate equipment for you - taking budget, space and desired throughput into consideration
- Ancillary equipment including depalletisers, twist rinsers & inkjet date coders (for canning lines for example)
- A comprehensive quotation outlining our recommended solution/s
- Full machine specifications with clear pricing
- We can survey your site, advise, and provide CAD modelling to guarantee smooth project delivery
- Our multi-skilled engineers to install and commission your equipment on site and provide training to you and your production operatives
- Comprehensive 12 month warranty, backed up by our team of Vigo engineers
- Maintenance & full technical backup and support from our mobile engineers
- Good stock of spare parts
The Case Studies below represent a small sample of the canning lines and brewhouse we have supplied.
Read our Why can in house? & The Brewhouse blog.
How can we help you?
If you're looking to source a canning line, brewhouse or coffee/mash house, please call us on 01404 892100 and we will be happy to discuss your requirements.
CAREFULLY SELECTED MANUFACTURERS
We have been supplying producers in the drink industry since 1984. We work with renowned manufacturers throughout Europe and in America to bring you robust and efficient production and processing equipment, backed up by our team of Vigo engineers. The manufacturer listed above is just one example. See our Manufacturers page for a list / more information on the manufacturers we are proud to work with.