- Ø 550 mm, H 1524 mm
- Outlet for clear wort: 1" BSP male thread
- Drain outlet: 1" BSP male thread
- Supplied with a DIN10 port for thermometer and sleeve (available separately)
The 240 litre Speidel FD stainless steel tank with cooling jacket is manufactured by Speidel, who have been producing high quality tanks for the wine & beverage industries for over 100 years. Speidel tanks are used by successful drink producers around the world.
Speidel FD tanks (up to 2000 mm in diameter) come with the Speidel 25 year guarantee, provided they are used inside.
Designed for use with the Speidel 200 Litre and 500 Litre Braumeister brewing systems.
NB We can supply other sizes of Speidel FD tank (to order). If you require other sizes, please call us on 01404 892100 to discuss your tank requirements.
Please see the Tanks category in Catalogue for our full range of tanks.
Please see the Fittings category for our full range of fittings.
Please see the Hoses & Clips category.
Please see the Pumps category.
View the range of Speidel tanks from their stand at an exhibition:
Speidel Tank-und Behälterbau GmbH are globally renowned tank manufacturers. They have been manufacturing high quality beverage tanks for over 100 years. Speidel tanks are used by successful wineries and drink producers around the world and we are proud to be their UK agents.Here are some of the reasons why we choose Speidel for stainless steel beverage tanks:
Download our Speidel Tank Features Flier here for an overview.
The Stainless Steel: Speidel tanks are manufactured from high specification Outukumpu stainless steel. Outukumpu are global leaders of stainless steel production, were founded in 1910 and acquired ThyssenKrupp in 2012. The steel is manufactured to stringent German standards and is generally thicker than that found on cheaper brands of tank.
Easy Clean Features:
Speidel's innovative in-house design and in-house high-tech production methods result in tanks which are incredibly easy to clean:
Guarantee: Speidel non-pressure stainless steel tanks up to and including 2000 mm diameter come under Speidel's 25 year tank Guarantee (NB Terms & Conditions apply).
Watch the Speidel Tank Advantages video here.
Download the Speidel 'Your Speidel Advantages' flier here.
Blogs - more info: Read more on our blogs Speidel Customised Tanks(manufactured to order) and Speidel Configuration Tanks(Speidel's most popular tanks), both of which include links to the Speidel catalogues. Although Speidel tanks are suitable for multiple beverage types including wine, cider, beer, spirits and soft drinks, you may also find our 'Just a tank?' blog useful which focuses on Speidel's quality features and specific tanks for a winery context. We keep a range of the smaller scale tanks in stock here at Vigo(stock tanks) and these are available to order online on this website, in amongst the tanks listed in the Tanks category; we also try and keep a limited number of FS-MO fixed capacity tanks in stock, which you will need to call us to enquire about. Please note, the Speidel range is vast and for those new to Speidel tanks, it can be a challenge to determine which tank is suitable for a particular application - if you need advice please do not hesitate to call us on 01404 892 100 - we are more than happy to help you.
Made in Germany: As Speidel state,'for us "Made in Germany" is not just an empty phrase, but a lived principle'. They manufacture their tanks exclusively at their high-tech factory in Ofterdingen, Swabia/Germany and their tanks are designed to to last a lifetime when treated correctly. They use certified high specification stainless steel (as above), impeccable production methods (as above) and have a highly trained production crew.
Innovation: Speidel won the Vinitech Citation Innovation award for the design of their red wine mash plunger system, which ensures gentle processing, high colour and aroma extraction, low sludge content, and enables preset programming of immersion and interval times.
Sustainability: Speidel generate 25% of their energy needs on-site via their solar photovoltaic system, which enables them to avoid approximately 270 tons of CO₂ annually. The remaining 75% is powered by 100% CO₂-free green electricity. As a result, the production of a Speidel tank is net zero CO₂. Also, Outokumpu are leading the steel industry with the world's most sustainable stainless steel. You can read the full details about Speidel and Outokumpu's commitment to Sustainability in our our 'Just a tank?' blog.
What we offer...
As Speidel's exclusive UK agents, we have been supplying Speidel tanks since 1996.
The Case Studies below represent a small sample of the Speidel tanks we have supplied over the years, and a small sample of those on our website.